•Weekly puja is held every Sunday morning from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon and features havan ceremony, aarti, sermon, bhajans and kirtan.
•Special pujas are held for major Hindu festivals including Shiv Ratri, Holi, Navaratri, Ram Navami, Hanuman Jayanti, Krishna Janamashtami, Diwali and Purnima.•The Mandir also conducts pujas for members celebrating special occasions including birthdays, graduations and yearly thanksgiving.
TABLA CLASSES ON FRIDAYS (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY)
- The temple offers table classes for a nominal charge every other Friday in the evening from 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Adults and children welcome.
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOGA ON SATURDAYS
- Authentic Hatha Yoga Offered by ASHISH YOGA every Saturday at the temple.
- For more information and pricing contact Ashish at email@example.com
HARMONIUM AND DHOLAK CLASSES ON SUNDAYS AFTER SERVICE
- The temple offers free harmonium and dholak classes on Sundays after service. Children and adults welcome.
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maryland Hindu Milan Mandir is now offering free Bal Vihar classes for kids during Sunday service. The classes are approximately 20 minutes and take place simultaneously with the Sunday service sermon. Kids gather in a separate classroom area to hear puranic stories, learn about Hindu holidays and engage in interactive activities such as Hindu art projects and discussing age appropriate topics like the Hindu Trinity and the meaning of “Om.” Bal Vihar means a place of fun and learning for children. Through providing Bal Vihar classes, we hope to better engage our youth in their Hindu religion and culture. We welcome your children, your grandchildren and any other children with an interest in learning to join us for Sunday service. All materials are provided for free to the children during each class.
Bal Vihar students reading the story of Diwali at 2013 Diwali Show.